jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015

Caja abierta 118: OSPREY ADVENTURES. Odin The Viking Allfather


Hello, 
A long time ago I haven't written on my blog. I've been busy with my work and other things, I haven't found time to write posts on my blog. However, I've been writing on social networks, showing the projects I've been working during these months.
I had some illustrations more to show on this blog of my work on Odin. In particular, I wanted to show you one illustration which has his history. I explained this history to some colleagues a long time ago. It's a trifle, but in that moment It was a drama for me.

I had limited time and a lot of estress, I was working with Photoshop and my PC, and the PC stopped working during my work on this illustration, without warning. The illustration was almost finished in that moment. When I turn on the PC, very very worried because I didn't know what happened, I saw the disaster. The file was corrupted, before I had a lot of layers with elements of the illustration and after it only had one layer. This, at the beginning, wasn't a problem, BUT the half of illustration was in white. THE LOWER HALF. The lower half where there was the most important and difficult part of the illustration, where was almost all the scene. If you see the llustration (below) You can imagine what "SWEET WORDS" crossed my mind in that moment. HA HA HA HA HA (Now, I laugh but then I cried) 
I had to repeat all work of the lower half. I wanted to death, but I couldn't die because I still had a lot of work to do. This was the first of six illustrations I had to do. So I repeated the work, using the top half of the illustration, more fast than the other time because I already had experiencie with this scene. It was the second time I worked it.
Then, I didn't do security copies during the WIP, for that reason I had to repeat a work almost finished (ARRRRGGGG). XDDD 

(I'm going to look for the corrupted file of this illustration to show you after)

Illustration of Ymir and Odin and his brothers,Ve, Vili, norse mythology, with the gods and creatures Odin, Fenrir, Jotums, Jörmundgander, Thor, Valkyries, viking warrior, and more



This is other of the illustrations belonging to the artwork of 'Odin: The Viking Allfather' book, publishing by OSPREY Publishing , for OSPREY ADVENTURES. This book is inside of the colection 'Myths and Legends' (the number 14). If you want to buy this book, it is for sale on Osprey web.

I have already worked on four projects for OSPREY (two for Osprey Adventures, one for Dark Osprey and one for Osprey Games). Not all appear on website section of contributors of Osprey if you click on Illustrators>RU-MOR. Here It only appears my two last collaborations with Osprey, one will be on sale in October, and the other in December. But Odin and Sinbad, you have to look for them on Osprey Adventures>Myths and Legends.
In November I will start my fifth project for Osprey (for dark Osprey).  


Below I show you some details of the concept arts I did for this work. Some are included in the book of Odin, others no.


Sketch of Ymir Frost Giant, norse mythology, with the gods and creatures Odin, Fenrir, Jotums, Jörmundgander, Thor, Valkyries, viking warrior, and more

Sketch of Ymir Frost Giant, norse mythology, with the gods and creatures Odin, Fenrir, Jotums, Jörmundgander, Thor, Valkyries, viking warrior, and more

This is Ymir. It is a jotun, or frost giant, from whose body Odin and his brothers created the world. Inside of book there is a full-length concept art of Ymir.


Sketch of Young Odin, norse mythology, with the gods and creatures Odin, Fenrir, Jotums, Jörmundgander, Thor, Valkyries, viking warrior, and more

Sketch of Young god Ve, Odin's brother, norse mythology, with the gods and creatures Odin, Fenrir, Jotums, Jörmundgander, Thor, Valkyries, viking warrior, and more

Sketch of Young god Vili, Odin's brother, norse mythology, with the gods and creatures Odin, Fenrir, Jotums, Jörmundgander, Thor, Valkyries, viking warrior, and more

I hope to be able to show more works the next week, some concept arts more of Odin book.  ;-)
Oferta del juego de cartas ÉPICA, Edades Oscuras


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por compartir un momento de tu tiempo conmigo y visitar mi blog ^_^
Thanks for take your time to write on my blog ^_^